Mobile

Mobiel

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Move Over Starbucks!

I had this major addiction to Starbucks Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccinos (DCCF) but as I would drink them I couldn't understand why they would cost so much. There didn't seem to be $5 plus worth of ingredients in them.  So I did a little search on the Internet for a copycat version and I struck gold.  I could make one for a fraction of the cost!  Without further ado I give you the homemade DCCF recipe


Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccinos (DCCF)


  • 1 cup of milk (whole, reduced fat, or skim. For a special treat, add coconut milk)
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips (mmm... chocolate!)
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup (Hershey's will do)
  • 2 cups of ice
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Whipped Cream 
Blend it all up, top with whipped cream and Enjoy!  


NOTES:  Sometimes I add a pinch of two of salt. I will also be posting an amazing chocolate syrup recipe that you can use with this recipe.  If you are like me and run out of syrup but really need a DCCF you can use 2 TBS of sugar and 2 TBS Cocoa instead (vary the amounts to your taste).  AND if you are like me you might add a little spinach or spouted sunflower seeds and turn this into a semi healthy kinda green smoothie.  


Recipe Source: http://my.opera.com/IceArdor/blog/2007/09/13/how-to-make-starbucks-double-chocolate-chip-frapuccinos

No comments:

Post a Comment