Mobile

Mobiel

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lion Birthday Cake

When my son was turning five, I asked him what kind of cake he wanted.  Of all things he said, "A lion cake."  A lion cake?!  How was I supposed to do a lion cake?  So I turned to my trusty friend the Internet and found this Lion Cake with directions.  I tweaked it a bit and made it larger since I wasn't in my right mind and invited a bunch of  kids to the party.  The lion Cake was a hit!  I mainly followed these directions but here are some changes I made:

  • Followed these directions to make my cake taste more homemade
  • Added another round for the body
  • Sliced sides off the cake, meant for the face, slicing narrower at the top and wider at the bottom
  • Used the sliced pieces for the legs and tail
  • Added chocolate chips for the claws
  • Frosted with homemade cream cheese frosting 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment