Mobile

Mobiel

Thursday, March 15, 2012

It Isn't Easy Cooking Green , , , Natural Green Food Dyes

I don't have a problem having a Ding Dong now and then or letting my kids have really bad-for-you candy once in a while.  But when I cook, I feel an uncontrollable need to use all natural ingredients.  Adding food coloring to cakes, frostings and cookies causes inner turmoil as I feed these items to my kids.  St. Patty's day is coming up and I want to make it a day of green food.  But how do I do it naturally?  After doing some searching on the web, I found I've had the answer all along in my fridge.  Chlorophyll!  

It does have a bit of a salty taste but the color is very dense and I imagine you would only need a bit to make anything green.  So this St. Patrick's day we won't only have food colored green naturally but with with added nutrients.  For health benefits of Chlorophyll click here.

Here are some other links I found of ways you can color food naturally:
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment