Mobile

Mobiel

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Watermelon Slushie

I don't have a talent for picking out good melons.  If fact, I'm pretty bad at it as shown in the picture below.  The frozen square in the picture is watermelon though it's almost orange.  
I bought many not so good melons last summer and I hated throwing them away so I cut them up, bagged them and placed them in the freezer.  They have sat in my freezer taking up space until I discovered Pinterest.  Watermelon recipes were often pinned and gave me ideas on how I could use my massive amount of frozen not so good melons.  This is the recipe I came up with.  It was a hit with my family.

Ingredients:
4 cups cubed watermelon, seeds and rind removed
1 cup raspberry sherbet
Juice of one lemon
1 1/2 cups cold ginger ale

In a blender, blend watermelon, sherbet, and lemon until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 cups ginger ale. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment