Mobile

Mobiel

Friday, August 17, 2012

When Life Gives You A Fallen Cake, Fill It With Pudding

Boy, it's been a while since I posted.  Summer is crazy with kids home from school and I don't think I accomplished half of what I wanted.  So here's to a new school year!  I hope it will be the best for you and the children in your life! 

I debated making my son's birthday cake this year.  I usually always make my cakes but I thought, "wouldn't it just be easier to buy one?"  But I couldn't do it.  So I looked online for a yellow cake recipe and found one that called for a cup of butter and four eggs all at room temperature.  I made sure I had my eggs and butter at room temperature and got started.  With so much butter and eggs the cake had to be good!

As my oven timer was beeping I anxiously pulled open the door and this is what I saw .  . .

Well this isn't exactly what I saw.  It was a yellow cake and all I saw, at the time, was wasted butter and eggs!   I would have to buy a store bought cake after all.  Now, I'm one of those people who hate to waste things and I ruminated for a long time about letting this two layer cake go to waste.  I decided to poke holes in the cake and pour warm Jello on it so that way at least my kids could have a snack.  But it wasn't good enough for my obsessed mind.  Suddenly, I had an epiphany!  When life gives you a fallen cake, fill it with pudding! 



I made a big batch of vanilla pudding and filled the perfect little bowls, my fallen cakes had made, with it.  Voilà!  I had my cakes and make them even better!



I frosted the cake with homemade cream cheese frosting and decorated it with matching candies.  My fallen cake turned out to be a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment