Mobile

Mobiel

Sunday, March 3, 2013

German Pancakes with Grape Syrup

These are a family favorite. I think my kids would choose this meal over any other food and they are always requested by family visiting from out of town. I learned to make these in 7th grade Home Ec.  The syrup was made with apple juice but, when I was young, my dad grew grapes and we had an abundance of grape juice. One day, we were out of apple juice so I tried grape instead.  It was a hit and I've been making it that way every since. Enjoy!


(I hope to get a better picture up soon)


German Pancakes

6 TBS  melted butter
6 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup  milk
1 cup  flour
¼ tsp salt

Melt butter in a 9”x13” baking dish. Combine eggs, milk, flour and salt together in a bowl. Poor over in baking dish over the melted butter. Bake at 425 (or 400 if you like a thicker pancake) for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown. Serve with Grape Syrup. Serves 5.

Grape Syrup

In a 2 quart saucepan combine
1 cup sugar
2 TBS  cornstarch
2 TBS  lemon Juice
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves

Add 2 cups grape juice (I usually use frozen concentrated grape juice but add only half the water to dilute it). Bring to boil and cook just until mixture becomes clear. Makes 2 cups.

2 comments:

  1. These pancakes look delicious! I want to make some of that grape syrup.
    Marcie @ I Gotta Try That

    ReplyDelete